Thursday, February 07, 2008

New Year New Experience

So far, for day 1 of CNY this year, i enjoyed it very much. =D *with big smile*

--- WARNING, LONG POST ---

All these years, after the separation of my parents, i never like CNY anymore coz of those reunion dinner that we have to pull ourselves through, grandma will scold when we refuse to go, bla bla bla... plus, whenever CNY is around the corner, those songs will bring back my childhood memories of how happy my family was those days; every CNY eve, without fail, my dad will bring me along to buy duck for reunion dinner; every 1st day of CNY, without fail, dad will fetch me to buy balloons for sis, me, bro and all my other cousins......

But all this has shattered away after the separation of them... that's why, i never like CNY anymore from that time onwards. In fact, I've tried to run away during CNY days just to escape those memories.......

This year is just the same, mom gave excuses just to escape the CNY eve reunion dinner. But for 1st day of CNY, we will go la, but with a very reluctant heart.

But i just wanna share something this time. Today i felt so different for the fact that:-

(1) Maybe because i got too many praises when i reached grandma's house. Grandma hugged me and said, "this is my beautiful grand-daughter, look at her, she look like mix! So beautiful". Then all my other 3 aunties hugged me and said i'm so pretty! Wahhahahaa....

**Well, not really because of this la**

(2) I'm happy to see almost everyone in Cham's family has accepted Christ. All my cousins are Christian now!!!! All! Yes! All! When we reached grandma's house, all of my cousins are actually sitting at the dining table awaiting for 3 of us (sis, bro and me) to take pics with my grandma and grandpa. My cousins from 21 till the youngest, 4 yrs old... all Christian! :p **PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS!** And my other aunties and uncles even asked 1 of us to pray for the food. :D So 1 of my cousin from S'pore prayed for our lunch today. I think, only my S'pore uncle and auntie is not Christian yet, the rest started to attend church and some accepted Christ. Yes and AMen!

**Testimony: My grandma prayed for all her 7 children and their spouses plus their kids every night without fail for more than 30 years now. I still remember when i was a kid, like 6 or 7 yrs old, sometimes i will want to overnight with my grandma and grandpa, she will pray with me for everyone of them, naming them one by one even until today and look how powerful is prayers?? :D

And my grandpa accepted Christ 2 years ago, we went to St. Gabriel church to witness his baptism coz he wanted us to go. :)

Though my grandma took so long to pray for all her children and her husband to know Christ, yet God never fail her. This prove that we should continue to pray without giving up. God may not answer us now, but in His timing, He will surely answer us especially for salvation.

(3) Because most of my cousins has reached their teenage age, it's easier for me to interact with them, thus, i find that it's more fun to be with them today, we even exchanged MSN and all... just to keep in touch! :)

(4) This year is more meaningful coz we went to visit 2 relatives. 1 of them is my grandma's elder sister (89 yrs old), she could hardly recognize us anymore. We used to visit them quite often when i was much younger, so i still can remember her alot. Not only my family went to visit her but with 2 more uncles and their family, so the whole bunch of us, 15 of us in 3 cars! ;p I really felt so touched and warm to see family members willing to see old people.

Then we visited another relative, grandma's brother (about 70 yrs old). All the 15 of us went to visit that big big family bring so much joy and laughter. Really enjoyed it so much! It's also time to catch up with my aunties, uncles and cousins.

Usually during CNY, we don't go around visiting relatives coz my grandma and grandpa is the oldest in their family, thus, their siblings are supposed to come to my grandma and grandpa's house. Therefore, i felt bored coz we only sit under the hot hot weather of the house to feed mozzies while waiting for others to come. Anyway, for the past few years, immediately after lunch, we will go off already because we just don't feel like being there (at my dad's side, somemore facing my dad... *sorry*) But this year round, it's just so different!

I had some nice time chatting with dad too. And dad just found out that i work in Shell. -__-" nevermind ler, how can i expect him to know coz we never keep in touch anymore unless meeting once a year during CNY... And dad told me that he went to Wisma 1 at Shell to deal with some business thingie with Shell before... If he would know that I'm at Shell, maybe we could meet up for lunch or something hor?? hahahhaa

~Posting with a big smile and satisfaction heart~

~~Praise God for a different experience this year and I pray that from this year onwards, i will be able to enjoy CNY more~~

0 comments: