Sunday, July 12, 2009

In remembrance of Lucas Mentink

Before taking my nap, i had a sms from Yanti, the singer in our Shell band who broke the news to us that Lucas Mentink, our talented guitarist from our band just passed away this morning!!!

What a shocking news and i immediately called her back. Lucas was playing tennis for Shell Inter-C game this morning where after he won a game, he felt unwell and he called his wife to pick him. On the way to Pantai Medical Centre, he was already in coma and when they reached Pantai, nothing can be done already. He had a heart attack.

Such a shocking news that I started to cry when I told darling this news. Darling knew him too, they played badminton together before.

Lucas is supposed to go back to his homeland Holland with his wife and 3 children after years of serving in Shell Malaysia next month, and yet, this tragedy happened. Life is so unpredictable and fragile.

R.I.P Lucas Mentink, you will always be remembered... such a softhearted man, good husband and father and always with a smile.

Pic 1: Late Lucas at the back, and Daniel sitting in front.

Pic 2: Late Lucas at the back of the pic with his hands up... and the rest of us, the Shell Band, Studio 48.

Pic 3: Late Lucas with his guitar on the left

Studio 48, our band is being asked to present few songs in the remembrance of Lucas Mentink for Inter-C closing.

2 comments:

feiyau said...

Hi, I would like to use some of your pics of Lucas on a blogsite I created in memory of him.

Hope you don't mind. Please let me know if you are not agreable and I shall take it down.

http://inmemoryoflucasmentink.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Dear HöOVéRBélL,

I would like to thank you for the nice and comforting words we find about my brother. He was a strong and very aimeable man and we will of course miss him very much.

Kind regards, Guus Mentink, brother of Lucas.