Friday, March 31, 2006

Hemoglobin low

Was preparing myself since yesterday to overcome my fear in donating blood, never had i experience such a thing in my life. The older i grow, the scarier i am to needles. Remembered i chicken out when i was in my college 6 years back, it was my turn to test the blood before donating and i went on giving excuses not to do it. Hahahaaa... *scary cat*

Very well, woke up this morning full of boldness in me wanting to try out coz i know as long as i overcome the first time, i will be able to do it the second time. So i took only a cup of milo in the morning coz i was searching around my house for some things that i should bring along with me for AJ whom i'm supposed to meet at SJMC later, so finally got everything and went to pick up CC to donate together with me.

Well, during the blood test, i was surprised that the nurse said i can't donate coz my hemoglobin is low. Ooohhh, i felt so discourage because i prepared myself physically and mentally, making sure that i have enough sleep and telling myself i must do it. And CC tested hers and she can donate.

So AJ bought us to the canteen to have lunch first before donating, after that, i went to test the blood again hoping i can donate but nope. Hemoglobin low. Can't.

So i can only look at CC and interviewed her whether was it painful and how's the feelings and all... :(

Pic 1: CC donating blood

Pic 2: CC's blood, heheheee...

Actually all the while i know that i'm low in hemoglobin coz i always black-out for few seconds, even this morning, i black-out few times but i never thought that i can't donate blood... bla....

0 comments: