Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rice Dumpling

Back to Malacca with darling to visit parents-in-law. And darling wanna eat dumpling so much that he asked mom-in-law to prepare all the rice dumpling ingredients and I help to wrap it. :) Which is good for me to brush up my dumpling wrapping skill that i got from grandma (dad's side) 2 years ago. Haven't been helping my grandma this 2 years in wrapping dumpling coz it always clashes with my other schedule, diving last year and chinese wedding ceremony this year.

Some pics on the process of making rice dumpling!

Pic 1: Preparing the rope to tie the dumpling, but end up didn't use it coz it keep on breaking into half.

Pic 2: This is the dumpling leaf to wrap rice dumpling

Pic 3: The ingredients for rice dumpling

Pic 4: Me getting ready to make the dumpling.

Pic 5: Trying to refresh my memory on how to fold the dumpling leaf.

Pic 6: And how to wrap the dumpling properly which took me quite a while.....

Pic 7: And finally tie it up to the rope!

Pic 8: Ta da.... with a little help from dad-in-law, dumpling is getting there!

Pic 9: Ta daaa....... dumpling ready to be eaten after stemming it for 3 hours!

1 comments:

mitchi said...

nice wrapping!! i can confirm u can b a very gd wife & mum in future!!